Belmont will undergo a capital grounds improvement this spring, designed to enhance playability across the property.
The improvements come after gathering extensive feedback from members, patrons, and families on how we can continue to improve on the exceptional experience at Belmont since reopening to the public in May 2021.
The project will start on May 24, with areas of Belmont, Little Bell and practice areas impacted through late June. The facility will remain open to the public throughout the improvements, though some areas or tees may be closed on specific days. Project updates will be posted on Belmont’s Instagram and Facebook channels, along with our website, PlayBelmontRVA.org.
The project will encompass:
- Belmont (12-hole championship course)
- Several tees will be softened and resodded.
- Create quicker grass regeneration and ease in teeing the ball.
- Anticipated 7-10 days completion.
- Little Bell
- Create larger teeing areas to promote improved grass regeneration.
- Work will begin once Belmont is completed.
- Will remain open throughout work using mats in teeing areas.
- Anticipated 14-17 days completion.
- Driving Range
- Range will be sand-capped and softened.
- 10 TurfHound mats will be installed at the back of the range so that patrons can utilize the range throughout the year.
- Mats will be installed prior to the turf project and be open as the sod takes root, pending shipping delays.
- Range will be closed approximately 7 days while construction takes place.
Grounds enhancements are anticipated to be completed by the end of June, depending on the weather. The project is the first of two major capital improvements coming to Belmont in 2022, with the second to be announced later this year.